Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant, who will be a key driver in the accounting activities that ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits. This person will work closely with the accounts payable, accounts receivable / revenue and payroll functions on the monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports and documentation in support of the financial statements. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Assistant Corporate Controller and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the month-end close processes, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, and close documentation.
- Review the accuracy and timely transaction processing for accounts payable, expense reporting, payroll, fixed assets, sales commissions and other general accounting transactions.
- Liaison between Manufacturing and the Accounting Team to ensure inventorial costs are properly being captured in ERP/MRP; works closely with FP&A to analyze the bill of materials and other costs included in Cost of Revenues.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Assist FP&A with trend and account analysis for internal distribution.
- Coordinate federal, state, excise, sales and value-added tax (VAT) compliance and reporting to ensure timely filings, payments and recapture.
- Support SOX internal controls compliance efforts, which includes evaluation, development, implementation, execution, and monitoring of controls and systems.
- Assist with audits, including preparing work papers for the auditors and analyzing data. Collaborate with internal team and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon to make this job a career building experience.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, CPA a plus
- Requires 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience in cost accounting and inventory a plus.
- Solid understanding of accounting within an ERP system; QAD preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in Sarbanes-Oxley-compliant environment.
- Experience with tight deadlines and responsibility for accuracy and timeliness for work performed or reviewed.
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proven ability to work with limited supervision.
- An eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly-growing and dynamic environment must be a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with a variety of personnel both internally and externally.