The Controller’s Group is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant for a large public property management company based in San Jose. The company has properties through the West Coast This is an on-going temporary position, minimum 3-6 months.
This position will work in the Corporate Accounting department and be responsible for the day-to-day management of cash. General responsibilities include:
- Updating daily cash book activities and generating daily bank reports.
- Working closely with the Property Accounting Departments and Property Managers to complete bank reconciliations and deposit clearing/adjustments.
- Assist with Corporate month and quarter end close
- Coordinate between bank, property personnel, and accountants to resolve bank reconciliation issues.
- Clear deposits and checks in the Company’s accounting system (“Yardi Systems”) on a daily basis.
- Perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Corporate and REIT consolidated cashbook on a daily basis.
- Take full charge of the cashbook including the beginning input stage, the research of unidentified deposits, miscellaneous credit/debit transactions, and month end closing.
- Assist Corporate Accounting to reconcile the purchasing card program (“P-Card”) Liability Account.
- Perform Utility Management Company Payable Import into Yardi Systems.
- Provide backup to other Corporate Accountants
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Prepare and process month-end close related journal entries and reconciliations including payroll and prepaid expense.
- Assist with quarterly review and annual audits, including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility.
- Independently perform research/analysis, identify problems/discrepancies and their causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field required.
- Three to seven years of hands-on GL and month-end close experience
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical abilities and spreadsheet skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in daily routines is critical.
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently.
- High degree of integrity and honesty.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Wells Fargo Bank Commercial Electric Office (CEO) banking system or/and Yardi software is a plus.
- Organized, attention to detail, maintain organized/complete documentation and records