Our Client (Public Networking Company) in Santa Clara is looking for an Interim Payroll Manager (Temp 1-2 month assignment, maybe longer) to cover for a Medical Leave. You will process and administer US and Canada Semi-monthly multi-state payroll for approximately 400 employees. Other responsibilities include accurate file upload, audit and schedule sign-off for all members of the department, and efficient calculation of retroactive payments for leave of absence, terms and new hires for all members of department. In this multi-faceted role you will work with third-party payroll vendors, audit and reporting, payroll accounting and reconciliation analysis, and work cross-functionally to coordinate activities and drive process improvement.
The candidate MUST have Workforce Now (WFN) experience, with possible Workday Integration would be a plus. Ideally the candidate should have ADP Workforce Now (WFN) experience. Strong MS Excel user would be nice to have.
This role will also include regular Overtime for the first few payroll cycles.
- Experience with ADP WFN (Workforce Now)
- Working knowledge of US Federal and State tax and labor wage laws
- Working knowledge of Canadian tax and labor wage laws
- Accurately execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience managing and maintaining the integrity of confidential information
- Solid communication skills coupled with the ability to engage effectively with all areas and levels of the company
- Robust problem solving skills with the ability to sort through issues to create and recommend improvements
- Experience with Excel, including formulas, v-look up, and linked spreadsheets
- Experience using excel journal entries and reconciliation processes
- Strong analytical orientation
- Recent use of Workday Integration with payroll a PLUS
- Minimum of 5-7 years of payroll experience
- Proficient using ADP WFN (Workforce Now)
- Experience working in a public, global company environment, driving change and scalability
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field) or equivalent experience
- Grasp of basic accounting rules for payroll and general ledger
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com