The Director of External Reporting reports to the Corporate Controller, overseeing a team of 3 employees. You will be providing strategic guidance in technical accounting policies and determining the impact of new and existing accounting standards.
If you are passionate in developing an impeccable work product and have the initiative to deliver on strict deadlines, we are looking for you to lead the quarterly and annual SEC reporting and earnings release effort. In this role, you will engage with Investor Relations on analyst presentations, Treasury on financing initiatives, and FP&A on forecasting scenarios. Are you focused on controls and compliance? If so, you will fit well in the team to find opportunities to improve and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting. Key to success will be your ability to partner effectively with the Company’s Accounting, Treasury, FP&A, Legal, Investor Relations, External Audit and HR-Compensation teams to produce accounting, reporting and operational excellence.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting w/CPA license
- A minimum of 10 years of experience serving as an auditor with a Big 4 accounting firm or an equivalent mix of Big 4 and industry experience with a leading publicly- traded company
- A passion to excel as a leader and mentor, who disseminates knowledge and inspires others to learn
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Possess deep knowledge base and a desire to strive for excellence
- Proven track record of establishing relationships with cross-functional business partners
- Real passion for continuous improvement of systems and processes
- A leader who takes additional responsibilities as they progress and stays committed to providing an environment that furthers career growth and development for the team