Our client is looking for a Revenue and Receivables Manager. In this newly created position, the Revenue and Receivables Manager will interact with all levels of management to support revenue recognition, the timely invoicing and collection of receivables, and process transformation initiatives, including the Company’s adoption and implementation of FASB ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers. This position will also lead the receivable and cash application teams, provide training and review of transactions as well as formulate and implement appropriate procedures.
- Review current revenue recognition process/procedures and implement process improvements to improve efficiency and timeliness of the close and reporting
- Lead a team of accounts receivable and cash applications accountants
- Assist in the continued development of the control environment surrounding the revenue recognition, accounts receivable and cash application processes and maintain all required SOX documentation
- Assist with the review of revenue contracts, identify deliverables, and allocate contract consideration to the separate units of accounting
- Initiate analyses to understand shifts in commercial and governmental payer receipts; provide effective analysis of AR, denial, and reimbursement trends
- Review monthly revenue recognition and allowance journal entries
- Oversight of deferred revenue balances
- Maintain all needed account reconciliations.
- Interface with business leaders and act as a resource surrounding revenue recognition, including working with FP&A on the impact of potential transactions/contracts and the drivers of actual revenue performance
- Manage the SOX and external audit process of the revenue and receivable areas and work with outside auditors regarding accounting and reporting issues
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of internal and external GAAP revenue reporting ensuring the quality, reliability, and timeliness of the reports
- Provide operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP and Company policies
- Support the Company’s FP&A team on strategic and operational planning
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close of revenue and receivable related accounts
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years demonstrated progression in financial reporting and analysis
- 2-3+ years of supervisory experience
- Intermediate level of working knowledge of GAAP; ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and senior management to drive sound business decisions
- Expert level of proficiency with Excel, CRM, and ERP reporting tools; Salesforce.com and QAD experience a plus
- CPA or other equivalent licensure or certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data
- Prior experience successfully managing multiple requests, assessing priorities and achieving solutions under deadlines